Saturday, December 31, 2011

Body modification

   When people hear the term body modification they typically think of two things: tattoos and piercings. In reality body modification is wearing make-up, growing your hair a certain way, bodybuilding, plastic surgery, or really anything that makes you feel comfortable in your body. I hate how tattoos and piercings have such a taboo reputation with employers. Is a nurse with a fore arm tattoo going to be less capable of performing his/her job? That guy who takes your order at McDonalds sure is goanna do a shitty job with earrings in. But the hostess at chili's with the fake tits is A ok. The whole idea is ridiculous. I guess it all ties in with my "leave me alone, I'll leave you the hell alone" attitude. I'm lucky I do construction and that the guy I work for is pretty cool because I would be FUCKED if I had to find a normal job.

Modifications I have:
*Mohawk
*septum piercing
*tongue piercing
*lip piercing
*left/right nipple
*dick piercing
*a tattoo across my back/shoulders that reads "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
*ffdp album artwork tattoo on my right arm
*Gemini skull tattoo (my twin brother and I got matching skulls) on my right bicep
*sexy chick stabbing a dudes head tattoo on my left arm.

Modifications I want:
*countless tattoos
*I want to try flesh suspension terribly bad
*nose bridge piercing.





1 comment:

  1. I saw this image one time that had this dude in it. In one scene, you can see he's got neck, full sleeve and leg tattoos and he's wearing shorts and a t shirt. In the other scene, he is wearing a doctor's coat with a stethoscope,and you can see only small portions of his tattoos. The caption was "What's the big deal?" I don't see why body modification is such a taboo thing; I'd love to do more with my body. According to the christians it's a temple, so why not decorate the SOB? But what I'm afraid of is 'Will I be able to provide for myself or my future family if I get this or that done?' I shouldn't have to ask myself a question like that over such a simple thing.

    I could understand more if a man had a tattoo of, say, a vagina, or a lady had a tat of a penis, etc. and they were clearly visible, but cmon. A rose tattoo on a lady's forearm isn't vulgar and doesn't "hinder" anyone in their daily routine.

    ReplyDelete