Friday, December 30, 2011

Religion

If your too thick headed to listen to what I have to say here go ahead and stop reading now. If your open minded enough to consider someone else's logic congratulations you just gained some Brownie points with me.

First off I'm not tryong to push my views on you and I would appreciate it if I got the same treatment. I absolutely do not judge anyone on religious views. If your religious I am no more right than you are we just have different opinions on things. Opinions are like assholes everyone has them and they all stink. My problems witj the Bible are simple, I'm scientifically based. Back in the day if you said the earth was round or that our solar system wasn't geocentric you were excommunicated by the church. Religion is the single biggest hinderance to us as a species. Look at evolution and the creation of our universe we can't even teach this stuff in schools without people having a bitch fit. My other problem is with the way women are treated. During the crucifixion none of the apostles went, Mary did. Mary (being a firsthand witness!) Wrote a book but it wasn't included in the bible. Why? Because women should be illiterate. Fuck that. Look at the Egyptians they held women in high regards, older religions like the Greeks and Romans had female gods. Why in the hell are women illiterate slaves to men in the Bible? I chose a long time ago to accept athiesm and I don't think it has made me any less of a decent person. I'm kind and I have a set of human morals. I don't care if your a Christian, Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, agnostic, scientoligist, morman, or anything we are all human and we are all equal stop all the fucking hate and "I'm right your wrong" bullshit and get along. On a side note stop hating on the gays, let them be. If your not ok with it let your God deal with them. No need to be a religious vigilante.

3 comments:

  1. Joey,
    I respect your views and how polite you are about the subject of religion. You know like I do that it is a subject not taken kindly (especially by the pushy and hypocritical breed of Christian). I myself am a Christian, but I feel it helpful to keep an open mind about things because there is no concrete proof that things happened EXACTALLY how they are written in the Bible. The original bible was written in many different languages then translated to Greek, then translated again into the Bible that we have today. In the constant translations some of the words were misinterpreted because they had multiple meanings. So we can already not hold a percentage of that as truth. This is merely factual and it's refreshing to see someone who will speak their mind, but will also respect others and be considerate in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. There's not a like button on here

    ReplyDelete